Due to the COVID-19 situation, all Columbia University Library locations are closed and we cannot loan our print materials or request scans from that material, including those items stored offsite at ReCAP. However, we do have the following services available to our users:
Access library resources
- Ask a Question – Use our contact form to ask a question about accessing material. Staff will be on duty 9 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday to respond quickly to your inquiry.
- Electronic Resources – All Columbia University students, faculty, and staff have access to all subscribed electronic resources, whether on campus or off-campus. There are two primary means of access from off-campus:
- Start your search from the HSL Website or from CLIO, the library catalog, and then sign in with your UNI and password when prompted.
- Use the CUIMC VPN.
- Print Resources – We will make our best efforts to get content we do not subscribe to electronically, including scanned chapters of books and older print articles, from partner libraries. Submit your request via ILLiad request form or Alternate ILLiad log-in
- Print Textbooks - VitalSource Helps and RedShelf Responds are programs designed to support students and instructors who may have lost access to course materials due to a campus moving to distance learning to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Alumni eresources - Graduates of Columbia University have off-campus access to the e-resources listed on this page.
In addition, we recommend these resources for articles, books, and COVID-19 information: